Thursday, May 7, 2009

Survivor: Tocantins - Week 10

Wow, I was really surprised. I thought I was going to hear him rant and complain about the vote, but instead Coach and Debbie just sweet talked Stephen and J.T. That was hilarious because people usually go nuts, but it was actually a smart move because if they had, they would have totally shot their chance of winning. It somehow did still prove loyalty to their alliance, despite losing their "leader" Tyson.

Thus came the bragging from Sierra (post-tribal), the emotional thumping of Sierra (the reward challenge), the verbal, yet totally justified bashing of Debbie and Coach from Sierra, the ultimate demise of Sierra (tribal council) and Stephen and J.T. in about the best position that I've ever seen two people be in. I think it was real smart to get Sierra out of there because you now have instilled faith back into Coach and Debbie, yet you still have Taj and I'm guessing Erinn on the other side. It's just a matter of who you think is best to compete with in the end.

By the way, from my memory, this has to be the worst Exile Island yet. It looks so miserable there. I'm glad they didn't replant Bredan's immunity idol. It's nice to not have that as the main focus point of all the strategizing. I think it's funny that the other one hasn't come up yet, but I'm sure everybody is assuming Taj has it.

This particular reward challenge is always entertaining. You always feel sorry for the person who is getting the brunt of it but usually others take some hits as well, but in this case, nobody else took it personal. Coach just laughed when he got called out for his antics. Also, they practically gave Stephen the win on this one. They either are not seeing him as a threat or they are just thinking about everybody else more. I wondered whether or not it was smart to take J.T and Taj on the reward, but it turned out to be just fine because of the fireworks that soon came from the former members of Timbira (more on that in a sec). I wonder how Erinn felt about being sent to Exile though. If I were the former members of Jalapao, I would work real hard to solidify her as "the fourth" as soon as she got back.

So, that was some intense fighting that went on. It just wasn't people getting upset at people, but you could tell Debbie was really hurt. I don't know if it was more frustration or what, but things really came to a boiling point. Especially when we got to see, *GASP*, Coach get caught in a lie. Seeing him squirm both at that point and at tribal council was, I'm sure, a huge victory for the millions who watch this show. I think Sierra will be more proud of the fact that she got Coach to lie versus not winning the game.

And how about Coach winning immunity... Just when his ego seemed to get a little bit smaller, this challenge has to come around and ruin it for everybody! I wonder if National Geographic will do a documentary about this legendary win?

As a close, I just want to point out that I'm glad that they gave some focus on Debbie this episode. From the pre-interviews, she seemed like she was more than just the older woman who rode coattails but then she got lost among the shuffle of eccentric characters this season. I'm glad to see that some of premonitions were right as we were able to glimpse that one, she does want to win, two, she is strategizing with the best of them, and three, she will continue to do so as next's week teaser seems to suggest. I don't think it will be enough for her to win, but she could easily take it like Tina did in Season 2 if things fall in place for her.

So... did you enjoy seeing Coach getting caught in a lie? Are Stephen and J.T. in the best position ever? Do you think Debbie is a strong player? Did you think they made the right choice to vote Sierra out?

And most importantly, are you going to cry in next week's family reward challenge? (I'm going to laugh if the Eddie George ends up coming back to camp).

No comments: