Monday, March 1, 2010

Survivor H/V: Week 3

Week 3:
Nobody Here Is Honorable... Except For Me



I’m so glad that the villains had to loose somebody. Not because I hate them, but like I’ve always said, Survivor just gets boring when the tribes are lopsided. We didn’t see much of Randy and it was apparent why that was the case this episode. He just didn’t ever gel with anybody. He was even more miserable than he usually is. I know Parvati is the threat, but they did the right thing voting him out. He was the weakest and they cut him loose despite staying loyal to alliances (where the Heroes faltered last week). I think it’s a shame he left because he was an entertaining guy to watch, but strategy didn’t get him too far in Gabon and you could see that weakness in this season. Like Sugar, I don’t think as viewers we’ll miss him much.

Some thoughts...

* Hiding the machete... really Russell? I think he’s starting to grasp at air in this season. What made Russell good last season was that he was playing with alliances that weren't so apparent. Not so in this season and I think he is getting played big time by Parvati.

* Speaking of Parvati... isn’t it crazy how much she controls people in this game? Coach says he’s not being seduced by her, but at times it certainly looks like it. I still don’t expect her to go far. Not because she isn’t a good player, but I think she’ll be an easy vote for the rest because she’s won before.

* J.T. may be playing too hard too fast. His lie about Candace may come back to haunt him. He’s gotta realize that everybody eats out of the palm of his hand and that he only needs to lie when it comes to tribal council. He’s worrying too early.

* Candace may not have a leg to stand on. It seems as if she has no close friends at all. Unless somebody really screws up in a challenge, she may be the next to go.

* How great was that immunity challenge? I’ve never enjoyed a butt whopping like that one. I was cheering out loud the whole time.

* Although Tom isn’t quite in the same shape as he was in Palau, he certainly took Russell down fast.

* Love the Colby/Boston Rob match up. I wish that I looked as intense as Colby when I flexed.

* Is it honorable when you pose for 30 seconds when you cheated in a game? Coach... how I love to make fun of you.

* James... you have to chill out some. The bag throw at Randy was just unnecessary. Beating Randy was no accomplishment. It seems like fame has changed the ego of the once gentle giant. He may be in trouble if he ever stirs up too much tension at camp.

* Two people to watch out for in the Villains tribe... Tyson and Sandra. Tyson is playing very low key, so I expect him to amp it up the second half if he makes it that far. He could easily side with J.T. and some Heroes if it plays in his favor. Also, Sandra is perfectly playing that “as long as I’m not getting voted out,” card. That’s why she won, she flies under the radar but provides enough in camp not to be a target, so she’s not necessarily seen as undeserving.

* It was funny to see all those Villains all at once at tribal council. If they continue to go, it should get more and more entertaining.

* Discounting Stephanie, I’m loving the fact that the least favored favorites are going early. The strong are staying in which makes this season all that more exciting. I wonder when the blindsides will start occurring.

As always, let me know what you think!

No comments: