Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Survivor H/V: Week 2

Week 2:
One Voice!

I’m so intrigued by this season, and kudos to the producers for splitting up the tribes the way they have. I think it’s so interesting that you have a heroes tribe that is every word in the sense, self-destructing. They have their camp together perfectly, but Probst isn’t too far off when he says that ego is getting in their way. These people are use to winning and when it doesn’t happen, things go haywire. It’s almost as if they are strategizing too much at this point instead of focusing on winning.

Then you have the Villains tribe who are so individualistic, the camp is in shambles, but when it’s time to compete and win, they do. Just from a viewer standpoint, I would love to see the Heros start winning some challenges, but it’s going to be a tough task.

It was sad to see Stephanie go. She’s now complete the life cycle of a Survivor. The first to be on the jury one season, the final another, and now the second one gone. She really became a scapegoat and it was hard to see such a strong female leave so early. This was not a good move solely from a challenge standpoint. They are really going to miss her as time goes by.

Some thoughts...

* Woah James... There’s a difference between leadership and being a bully. He sure had it out for Steph.

* I loved how Colby and Tom stood up for Steph at tribal council. Things aren’t looking to good for them right now.

* Watch out for Cirie and Candace. They could be very dangerous together, and as much as I wanted them to go with Tom, Colby and Steph, they were smarter to stick with the other group.

* What? An episode that didn’t highlight Russell? It felt a little strange didn’t it? But nice at the same time.

* I forgot about how good Boston Rob is at this game. Yes he is cocky and defines a Survivor villain, but I forgot how good he is at challenges. As chaotic as the Villains tribe is, at least they know how to appoint a leader.

I’m still loving this season. I’m thrilled every time I have a chance to watch it. Let me know what you think! I love the feedback!

No comments: