Saturday, March 27, 2010

Survivor H/V: Week 6

Week 6:
Tribal Council Goes Bananas!


Tsk, tsk, Tyson. You were in a really good spot to win this game and all of a sudden you’re gone! I can’t quite figure out if it was more Tyson’s stupidity to not sticking with the plan or if it was Russell's genius of getting him to vote Parvati that sealed Tyson’s fate. Regardless, Russell’s move will really put the rest of the Villains on guard, which I don’t think is a good thing. Was it a strategic move that came too early? I’d like to think yes, but Russell has proved us wrong in the past. Last season he could really get away with that type of move because he was still controlling the tribe. This time, he isn’t. Tyson was in a perfect alliance and he was strong enough to be a threat in individual immunity, so even his cockiness must’ve been bumped down a few notches.

Honestly, the Heroes ousting James was a complete surprise to me! I don’t know if it was the editing, but it definitely looked like Colby was gone. I think James knew that he was going to be voted out and to the Heroes credit, I don’t think that they revealed too much about their dynamics in front of the Villains. James was way too relaxed and was not at all surprised when they voted him out. Now, if I was Colby and Candace, I would see this opportunity as an amazing gift that doesn’t come too often in Survivor. The five remaining Heroes need to set EVERYTHING aside and go into these next challenges swinging. They need to set their differences aside and form a tight alliance that could possible side with Russell, Parvati and Danielle to flip the game on its heels. They did the right thing in voting out James, too bad that they were dumb and didn’t make this vote last week. Hopefully they can come out of this stronger and somewhat unified.

Some thoughts...

* Colby has checked out! I don’t blame him in a way, but it is disappointing as a viewer who is a fan. Hopefully this second chance will flip a switch.

* The exchanges between Boston Rob and Russell have been classic! You know that the producers have to be loving this interaction. It’s like watching a scene from The Godfather or The Sopranos. The mind game that is going between these two is one for the ages. It’ll be interesting to see which wins.

* I haven’t ever really liked it in the past when they do an immunity challenge and the winner still has to go to tribal council. The way they constructed it this time was perfect and I thought that it provided a good twist, but still gave somebody the chance to save themselves. I actually didn’t mind that both tribes went to tribal council this time. Well done Survivor producers!

* Sandra’s bluntness has been cracking me up.

* Rupert’s blank stares and frank statements still drive me nuts.

* Even with a bum knee, James probably could beat me in a race. Both him and Jeff Probst’s niece.

* I like bananas, they are my favorite fruit.

That’s really about it because the whole episode was pretty much tribal council.

Let me know what you think!

Whose going to win out, Russell or Rob?

Did the Heroes do the right thing in voting out James?

How stupid do you think Tyson’s move was?

Will Baylor make it to the Final Four?


Until next time...

No comments: