Friday, March 19, 2010

Survivor H/V: Week 5

Week 5:
No Chocalate + Focus = Blown Out Knee


I won’t even hide it... I’m sad to see Tom go. Unlike some people who get voted out early, he really fought hard the whole game. I think his million dollar win was a target that never quite got unstuck. Despite being, what seemed, still pretty strong in challenges, J.T. had to vote against him to earn some kind of trust back from his other tribe-mates. I’m curious to see if James, Rupert and Amanda will still hold that strong loyalty. All three of the aforementioned are followers when it comes to alliances, so J.T. will probably still be able to guide them with a leash. I don’t think it was a good move on their part, especially with James with such a bad injury. They did not have me fooled for an instant. I don’t care how strong James is, that vote was totally based on alliances. The Heroes are in deep trouble, and even if they started to win some challenges, it may not be enough to catch up with the Villains when a merge happens. I think the Heroes know that, so they are starting to prepare now.

Some thoughts...

* Another brutal reward challenge. I’m seeing a trend. Reward challenge: physical. Immunity challenge: some physical and puzzle. If this keeps up, the Heroes will never win.

* Wow, Jerri took a shot to the face. Rupert did try to help her up, but I don’t think Jerri will ever forget that move. As soon as a merge happens, I bet she guns after Rupert. Colby will be thanking Rupert later.

* James’ injury was hard to watch, especially when he got back up to walk. It was clear that the Heroes were going to loose when he went down. I don’t think it was the lack of numbers that caused them to loose, but you could see the momentum just drift away from their “no chocolate” imitation strategy.

* Speaking of, I was ready to see Jeff and Colby throw down! I love how Jeff doesn’t back down from anybody.

* You know Russell was going to find that idol. Now I’m changing my thinking about him now being a “marked man.” That was really stupid for the others not to look for that thing. He really does hold the power, and like I said last week, if they vote for him, Boston Rob may be gone. So what if he’s a marked man?

* I have to admit to something. I actually stood up for Coach. Yes, and I was proven wrong immediately. When Russell started talking about bringing Coach into his alliance with Parvati, I thought, “No way! Coach is way too loyal to everybody else. Plus, Russell clearly didn’t join in the group yoga session.” I should’ve known better because Coach now has a bigger man crush on Russell and even bowed down to him. Like Russell needed another ego boast. Watch out for these three because if a merge happens, they will quickly grab J.T., Candace or Colby.

* As for the immunity challenge, it was just sad to see the Heroes loose like that... AGAIN! If I were at camp, I would constantly be creating puzzles for everybody just so they could be somewhat prepared. And as much as I hate to admit it, James did a great job “calling” out to everybody.

* Finally, I’m glad Tom called James out on his “strategy.” Somebody finally needed to do it. I’ve never quickly changed my opinion on a player like I have James this season. He really does seem to be a completely different person.

As you probably noticed, the NCAA tournament knocked a new episode from being aired this week. Don’t forget that the next one is this coming WEDNESDAY.

Sic’ em!

No comments: