Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Survivor H/V: Week 4

Week 4: This is my tribe, and I can cry if I want to


Our first blindside! I told you that it may be coming. Cirie has always been such a strong strategic player, so it was sad to see her go in that respect. It’s always fun to see how she can twist people to think her way or how she smacks sense into them. Nobody has been aware of it, except for J.T. I know that although the vote happened for strategic purposes, I think it was the best vote for the tribe strategically. If they want to win challenges, Cirie probably wasn’t their biggest contributor. She did always play the role as the mother of the tribe, so from a gelling standpoint, I wonder how they will be affected.

Some thoughts...

* You know that when you are going to Tyson for comfort, something may be a little loose in the brain. Coach’s breakdown was hilarious and I love Tyson’s advice to him, “Get rid of the feather, don’t tell your stories, and do your yoga by yourself.”

* The slip and slide reward challenge was somewhat entertaining, but really was anybody’s game. I do love when it comes down to one last shot. I’ve personally enjoyed just the one immunity challenge.

* Could the producers be even more blunt in the immunity idol clue? Well, I think it worked because it was pretty entertaining to watch everybody scramble. The Heroes nearly killed each other while the Villains of all people, decided that anybody who goes for it is immediately a target.

* Even in a villains tribe, Russell is the only one who has to completely march to his own beat. You know, even if he finds it, he will have power. Even if everybody decides to vote for him with the idol, one of them is going home (Boston Rob perhaps?).

* The immunity challenge was really fast. It was over before I knew it. Once again, it was a incredibly close and I’m glad nobody fainted and passed out this time.

* I don’t know how to really sum up what happened next, but it’s pretty amazing that Tom and Colby are still alive in this game. It’s obvious that J.T. has all the power, so it will be interesting to see what happens when they all get back to camp. He’ll probably turn on his country charm and everybody will forgive him, but I can’t help but think if he’s playing too hard too fast.
Regardless, I think this will help with Parvati’s argument on the other side of camp, because her “ally” is now gone.

* We watched the episode on that Thursday night, so sorry if my recap isn’t as detailed. If I don’t write them right after I see them, sometimes I forget the funny parts.

Until next week!

No comments: