Sunday, May 23, 2010

Survivor H/V: Week 13

Week 13:
This Recap Is Brought To You By Sprin
t


Today's recap is fresh off the presses. Aren't you proud?

* I thought it was hilarious that Russ was still telling Parvati that Danielle was plotting against her. I was a little surprised by how forgiving the girls were of his move. Of course they said, "I don't trust him anymore," but they definitely weren't running to Rupert and Colby.

* I was proud of myself, this was the first time I did not tear up during the loved ones segment. Well, I take that back. I did form tears... tears of laughter as Colby constantly was berating his brother. That was hilarious and his brother was not fazed in the least by Colby's constant screams.

* The shots of Rupert and his wife making out were a little bit too close. It looked like she was making out with a bear. You should have seen Whitney's face... she was practically gagging. You could practically smell him through the screen.

* On the surface, Jerri's move not to take Russell along to the reward seemed like a bad move, but she was in a tricky spot. It was a little surprising that she chose Sandra so quickly. I wouldn't have done that, but I wonder if she was worried that Sandra might make an alliance with Rupert and Colby. The smartest thing was probably to keep Russell away from those two, but I guess it's all a mute point. Russell didn't hold on to his anger like I thought he would. She's too much of a good pick for Russell to take to the end.

* I was just waiting for one of those coconuts to crack open on one of their heads.

* I might even hear Rupert cracking sticks when I fall asleep tonight. He was that loud.

* You've got to hand it to Parvati... She's not only a strong strategic player, but she dominates in the "focus" challenges. I'm not sure how Rupert was moving his arms around so much and still stuck around as long as he did. I really wonder if he had won if Russell would have gone through with getting rid of Parvati.

* Now, I don't blame Rupert for going straight to Russell when Sandra whispered her secondary plan. But did he really have to do it in front of Sandra and Parvati? Rupert has no discreteness to his strategy, or lack thereof.

* How strange and funny was that exchange between Russell and Sandra? I think her and Parvati went loopy after all those burgers. It was hilarious that Russell was SO serious and the two girls were SO not. It did provide some intrigue going into tribal council, but my only thought to why Sandra was acting that way was because she knew she was playing the idol. I think she was just playing with the cameras when she said she wasn't going to play the idol. She is too smart to make a boneheaded move like that. She was brilliant not to tell anybody about it. She knew that if Russell and Jerri did turn, Rupert would still be gone and then she would expose Russell's faults even more so. Then she would come out looking like the hero... I mean the not-so-bad villain.

* Russell actually was a little more restrained on this vote. He knew that it wasn't going to do him any good to go with Rupert and Colby. He had to stick to the girls this time around.

* Let's talk about Colby for a sec. Did you see him at tribal council? He had his face buried into his hands like he was a pouty kindergartner. Here is a guy who has lucked into being in the final five, and he could care less. By far he's one of the most disappointing players this season. Who would've thought that the Villains wouldn't be pining to get him voted off because, "He's not a threat in challenges." Colby has become the coattail player that I so often get frustrated at. I would have never expected that.

* Now about Rupert's departure: I can't stand the man. Why did he glare at Russell like he had betrayed an alliance that had been going on since day one? I hated how self-rightieous he was about being a Hero and how evil the Villains were. But as soon as anything benefited him, he would switch to a Villains side immediately. I don't care that he did that, just don't act surprised when blindsides happen in the game of SURVIVOR. I might forgive him if this was his first time, but this is his third time to play the game. His last statement to the camera sums up how aware he is of his celebrity status, "I don't need Survivor to know that I'm a winner." I beg to differ Rupert, I beg to differ.

There's one more final episode to probably the best season out of the 20. Hopefully it'll live up to the suspense of all of these other episodes.

My bold prediction:
Colby is gone next.
Then, if Parvati wins immunity, she takes Russell and Jerri to the finals. Parvati wins.
If Sandra wins immunity, she takes Jerri and Parvati. Parvati wins.
If Russell wins immunity, he takes Jerri and Sandra. Sandra wins.

Of course if they keep Colby, this prediction is all a bust, ha ha.

What do you think? Happy viewing!

No comments: