Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Survivor H/V: Week 11

Week 11:
No Fighting In Robert Louis Stevenson’s House
!

* Russell and Parvati’s alliance won’t be the same. I would have never played that idol unless it was to get Russell out of the game. That is the only way he should’ve known about that.

* I’ve always liked the shuffleboard challenge. It’s a good reward one because anybody can win. Colby’s last shot was pretty clutch.

* I’ve never experienced so much awkwardness as Amanda and Danielle fighting over that immunity clue. I felt like I was watching Jerry Springer for a second. Colby’s reaction was priceless. Now, here’s the thing... in life, that clue was Danielle’s, put did Colby and Amanda give up too easily? Should they have forced Danielle to read it out loud? When you are trapped in a little room like that, how do you get that clue for yourself? What would have you done?

* Danielle should’ve known that Russell had that idol after not finding it. It seems like she had no choice to tell the rest of the group about the clue, but why were only her and Russell looking for it?

* Right when I think that Russell shouldn’t be as celebrated as he is, he pulls a brilliant move by swaying Candice. He is amazing at finding other player’s weak spots. He did it with Tyson, and now he did it with Candice. I can’t reiterate how brilliant this was. His trust in Parvati and Danielle had swayed, so he just goes and renews trust in a whole new girl.

* I like Candice. She’s my pick in this game, but she infuriates me sometimes. I understand that she was at the bottom of the Heroes alliance and that is why she swayed towards Russell. She saw more potential in him. There is a point though where you loose a lot of respect in this game, and she just screwed over all her Heroes alliance. At this point, even if she gets to the end, which I still think can happen, she will get no votes. The vote against Amanda didn’t show her strategic side, it just showed Russell’s.

* Poor Sandra. She must’ve known that Candice wasn’t going to switch, so why burn bridges with Russell and the other Villains. I think she is still somebody to watch out for. If she makes it to the end, which she can by being in the middle of the Heroes and Villains, she’s played a strong enough game not to be seen as “riding coattails.”

* It’s funny to think that Probst had never snuffed Amanda’s torch before. It’s pretty amazing that she still got this far in this game. I liked Amanda from China, but as the seasons went along she didn’t become my favorite. I don’t know if I got tired of her puppy dog looks all the time, but she has been one of the stronger female players in Survivor history and I’ve always liked that she played pretty strategically and always knew who to align herself too.

* Even though Russell played his idol in vain, he should have. At this point, I am SICK of all these hidden immunity idols. I can’t keep them straight anymore. I know that they make for some dramatic tribal councils, but it somehow cheapens the game of Survivor in my opinion. I don’t mind if there are a couple here and there, but it’s gotten pretty ridiculous this season.

* So, at this point, you’d think that Rupert and Colby are the next to go. I don’t know if they can do much to get back into the game, but I would start to make some strong moves. There are some cracks in that Villains tribe, so I would do everything I could to cause distress and tension there. If they did that and won immunity, they MIGHT have a chance to make it to the end, but I doubt it.

I rambled on way too much. Maybe I am making up for missing last week.

What do you think of Parvati’s move of playing two idols? What did you think of Russell pulling in Candice? Who is your favorite to win: is it possible that it’s not going to be Russell, Parvati or Danielle? Are you sick of immunity idols? How awkward did you feel when Danielle and Amanda fought over the clue?

Be on the lookout for an immunity idol hidden somewhere at your house. They are a dime a dozen this time of year.

EW's summary: CLICK HERE
Jeff Probt's thoughts: CLICK HERE
Courtney's exit interview: CLICK HERE

No comments: