Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Survivor Gabon: Week 10

Can you believe that this season is almost over? Thursday night's episode and then Sunday's finale, and that's it! So sad, or is it? Are you ready for a new start? Let's hope the cast is a bit better than this one this year. One thing I can guess is that they won't let them pick their own tribes this time :)

This episode comforted me in knowing that Bob's move last tribal council was better thought out. I thought it was good of him to call them out on making a mockery of Randy. Yes, yes, I know Randy probably had it coming, but I would've been mad if I were Bob too. It possibly cost him a vote if he makes the final three. I'm pretty sure the rant was sincere, but at least Corinne can come back now and vouch for Bob's strategy.

This "loved ones" reunion wasn't quite up to par either. I like it when they are involved in the challenge, it makes the stakes so much harder and usually all the competitors play full out. In fact, as I type this, I can't recall what the actual challenge was. I saw it this past weekend...am I getting old or was it that unmemorable? Of course you knew Bob's wife was going to pop out somewhere, but it was still sweet to see them reunite, as well as the others. Even as disconnected I am with this year's players, it got dusty. Of course this is coming from me, so that shouldn't be a big surprise.

By the way, what did you think of Matty's proposal? I know most would see it as sweet, but I wonder how she felt. In a way it felt a little too spontaneous, especially if even Matty described himself as uncommitted, but it just felt a bit strange to me for some reason. Maybe because it was the fact that he made her a necklace instead of a ring! Ha ha.

The immunity challenge was a good one as luck is pretty much the determination of who wins, and once again Bob the Skeleton proves that he is dominate in challenges. I think Survivor has done a great job of making challenges not so physical dominate so others have a chance, so it's a bit more unpredictable. But I do miss them as the days progress because I think the physical side of survival should still play a big part, and that goes missing some seasons.

Which now leads to Bob's plan which ALMOST worked. I thought it was pretty ingenious, what do you think? I don't think there was much more that Corinne and him could have done, except for what I suggested in the last email, go after Susie, Matty and Sugar. Kenny's cockiness finally bit him in the butt though. I don't blame Crystal for not going along totally because like her and Ken talked about, they were risking a lot by voting the way they were, but as the teaser suggests, Ken will really have a target on him now. I wonder how much of a riff it will create between the odd duo? Regardless, this may have played out better for Bob that Corinne got voted out. Ken is now the target, which will be followed by Crystal. And if that happens, your final four is Matty, Sugar, Susie and Bob. Matty might be Bob's competition, but I see most of the votes going Bob's way. Especially with all the fake, convincing fake idols. (I bet Ozzy is crying in shame).

So, as you can tell, I'm rooting for Bob as I'm sure most of you are. How about you? Despite what happens, will there be any drama to the next couple of episodes? Are proposals on Survivor growing weary? Or is Nathan just too cynical?

I'll try to write a review before Sunday, but don't hold it to me too much!

No comments: