Monday, December 15, 2008

Survivor Gabon: Week 11

This is a first... me writing the recap the day after the episode! I bet you are pretty excited.

So, I really, really can't stand Kenny now. What a cry baby. He's a strong player, I can admit that, but you don't have to keep on referring to yourself as a mastermind. And how did he turn the fact that he betrayed everybody to, "Whoa is me, I exposed myself, so you should feel sorry for me because I messed up my game." I thought he really hurt himself in this episode. Yes, he is still in the game, but he got desperate and by doing so, he really exposed his position. The way he panicked proved to me that he isn't really a "mastermind."

Bob once again dominated in the challenges. I think this is great by the way. He always takes his time and he seems to win every one. Now, when Matty and Kenny are your only true competitors, it evens the odds some, but nobody would have predicted this. Now, finding a connection with the gorillas was a little strange. I thought they were going to this exotic location with waterfalls surrounding all the gorillas, instead they were next to them by a fence. Are you sure they didn't film that segment at the San Diego Zoo?

He was smart to take Ken & Crystal with him, but not smart to promise Ken the necklace, but then was smart to renegotiate the terms by, "If I think you are leaving I'll give it to you," and leaving Matty and Sugar at camp to bond, and then not to confuse things, let's just send Susie to exile island so at least you can justify her not saying anything at camp.

Matty then threw a pity party when everybody got back. I don't blame him too much, but he did sway a bit too much to make him an individual in the game. Thankfully hot-headed Crystal was there to save the day! Her rant pretty much changed the game. It finally caught up to her because Sugar finally felt convicted. And as we have learned in this season, when Sugar gets convicted about things, the game changes. I can't really dog her game play much anymore because she made one heck of a move. I think it's too bad that she has made most of the jury mad, so she still won't have a chance of winning, but she did good here, real good.

I know I'm going back and forth with the timeline of things, but this is how this episode was. So, Bob wins immunity, AGAIN, while Crystal and Susie decided to tour the African landscape blindfolded. I thought the openness of everybody talking about who they were going to vote for was pretty hilarious. It's as if they said, "I'm tired of having to get up and go into the woods to strategize." I'm going to come back to Kenny here and say that he got way too cocky and vulnerable by deciding to turn on Bob, and THEN LETTING EVERYBODY KNOW HIS PLAN.

So, Crystal got sent home. A great move by Sugar and soooo smart of Bob to not give away his necklace. Kenny can't get mad because he didn't get voted out, and Susie sat there wondering how in the world she is in the final 5. Crystal took the oust like a true Olympic champion (despite never winning a Survivor challenge, how ironic) and realizing she and Kenny became their own worst enemy.

So, the finale is Sunday and as of now, it looks like it will be a final three with nobody really promising one another that they will take each other to the final three. I think it really is a free for all on this one. How cool would it be to see a final three possibility with the final competitors minus Susie. I think she will somehow squeak in there because somebody would be dumb not to take her to the final, but we''ll see.

Maybe it's better that I don't write these right after the episode. I go on for way too long.

Who do you think will win? Who do you think should win? Was Sugar's move big enough to win her a million? Will Kenny become humble at all?

Until the finale!


No comments: