Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Survivor Gabon: Week 9

Does anybody want a cookie?

What an entertaining episode! This season really needed an episode like this one. Everything about it was really good... high tension, comedy, blindsides, strategy...

I'm going to go ahead and talk about Randy. I have always been so uneven about how I felt about him. He is a great character for this show, you can't deny that and he has really saved this season in a lot of ways. He is almost so miserable though, and so aware of it, you really lose the ability to hate to love him. That said, I kind of liked his strategy to go completely crazy on everybody. I think it mainly stems from the fact that I could never be that crass and rude, but there really was some intelligence behind what he was trying to do. Too bad for him it completely backfired in every sense of the word.

I always really enjoy the auction reward session. It is always a lot of fun to watch and there is still a lot of strategy that comes to play. You can tell the survivors really enjoy it, and the whole cookie scenario was just not hilarious, but ridiculous and unnecessary at the same time. Regardless of what point Sugar was trying to make, she should have taken the cookie! It's food that you aren't just going to get. Randy was being sarcastic with his motive, but who really cares? Although Randy would have probably still followed through of his plan of just being plain mean, Sugar really added a lot of fuel to the fire that didn't need to be there. But really, it couldn't have gone down more perfectly if you are a fan of Survivor at all.

I thought the immunity challenge was very interesting in setting up those blocks in the domino position. That had to be so challenging to line all of those up correctly but doing it in a fast manner. It kind of lost the drama because Randy wasn't in it, but it was still a good one. I was rooting for Corinne.

Then craziness ensued both back at camp and then tribal council. I still can't grasp why Bob made the move he did. I don't blame him at all with trying to make friends on the other side, but I don't know if Sugar is the one to do so. She hasn't really proven to be loyal to anybody, but I know Bob had to get in somehow, but I really didn't see the need to blindside and hurt a person in your alliance... in other words, a "friend" who sits on the jury. Now, he voted for Susie with Corinne and Randy, and according to the teaser, it seems like he is going to pass it off as an idol that Marcus gave him. I might be wrong there though. He said that he really didn't see how the idol was going to help him, but I really think it could have. It was that convincing! We'll see how his thinking pays off and it could prove to be a MAJOR move in the game, but I'm still baffled by it. Not so much turning against an ally, but really embarrassing him in the process. Just call it a hunch, but I think Randy would be one to hold grudges.

This tribal council had to go down as one of the most hilarious ones, by far. Randy had it coming, no doubt, but when Crystal yelled at the camera, I lost it (my parents and whitney can back this one up). That was soooo funny and I almost think that only Crystal could have pulled that off.

I know I'm forgetting some major things, but it's late and I need to call it a night. Either Corinne goes down in the next episode, or there will be a major shake up due to Bob's leading. If him and Corinne are smart, they could coax Sugar and Matty to come to their side. Sugar is 5th on the totem pole, if not Matty as well. But let's see if they are smart enough to make some moves on their own.

Did you enjoy the episode as much as me? Are you going to miss Randy? Can you fathom Bob's move?

Have a great Turkey day and go Cowboys and Sooners!

No comments: