Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Survivor Gabon: Week 7

This is usually the episode where things get interesting for the whole game, but will it? I thought this was a great episode, but I'm a little afraid that it will the best one. Yes, it was a shock that Marcus was gone, and it provided GREAT drama, but now do we live in a world where the last contestants are going to be Kenny, Crystal, Matty, Sugar and Susie? Really? I don't blame the producers for mixing things up at all. It was needed, if not, it would have been a couple of episodes where Kota picked off the remanding players of Fong (is it Fang? Corrinne just confused me) until they got to a point where they would have to self destruct. So, will this unlikely 5 actually stick together...probably not. I don't see Sugar or Matty really staying true to Kenny & Crystal. And after this episode who knows what Susie will do, after all, she is gunning to be in that "top 3." Now as I type this, it may turn out to be interesting, but this is a game where very strong players have gotten voted out early and I just can't get excited about Kenny, Susie and Sugar duking it out in the end. I think it would be really interesting to see the tribes still stay divided. I don't think that will happen, but it would be interesting to see the jury getting to see different sides of tribal council.

Ok, let's go to the so called merge. I bet the producers were just itching to see what happened with that hidden immunity idol and they ended up throwing it away! I bet they really didn't plan on them doing it. It was a good move by Marcus, so I thought at the time... ha ha. I wonder if he will think about that one. I thought it was brilliant for Charlie to throw it out to everybody, and somebody had grabbed it, would it really "kick them out of Eden." Well, not really...you would be safe for at least one tribal council and from my dedicated watching to this show, I feel like memories are fleeting. This is a game where people seemed to forget that Marcus & G.C. raced for the individual immunity at the very beginning. Marcus & Randy pulled a fast one, and I can't believe Kenny or Matty didn't grab that thing.

The Survivor I loved came back in full force when the tribes returned to camp. I guess I gave Sugar way too much credit. She was duped by Kenny. The way things are going, Kenny might win this thing and I really can't see the "brilliance." Are you with me on this one? He's made some good moves, but they have seemed more out of desperation than strategy. Also, that really was crazy about the tie-in to Crystal and Marcus. I wonder if the producers knew about this one. Regardless, you knew it was going to play out in a big way.

I loved the idea of an individual immunity challenge for two different tribes. It couldn't have been scripted better to see Matty and Bob go head-to-head. What was with Matty's laughter? He might actually be going crazy.

Which then evolved into a HUGE power play by Crystal. She was smart not to let the personal side get into the game side. She jumped on Susie's inability to garner any position with somebody, and I was really surprised when Susie voted Marcus. I thought she would still revert into her comfort zone. Randy, Bob, Corrinne and Charlie will be mad as heck, but what will they really be able to do? I bet they really regret voted Dan out.

I liked Marcus a lot. A very good player left the game early. Some reviews hinted at him annoying people with wanting to take the lead too much, but I thought he did it gracefully. He responded to Susie as well as he could (even though he still had to lie) and he responded to Kenny's attack at tribal council with class. He just underestimated the loyalty Crystal had to Kenny and her desire to win the game, and he was just the product of bad Survivor luck, kinda like Jaquie. If this switch up hadn't happened, I would've swore that he was going to win the game, but I wonder how many Survivor contestants in the past think the same thing.

Regardless, there will be a new name on the Survivor trophy! Hopefully Kelly won't have too hard of a time giving it up :)

So, what do you think about the switch up? A good move for this season or a bad one? Who do you think will win now? Do you think Kenny, Crystal, Matty, Sugar and Susie will be smart enough to form an alliance?

Hoping for the next episodes to be as good as this one...

No comments: