Sunday, June 8, 2008

Paradise, The Finals & American Gangster

The weekend has been a lot of fun, but way too fast.  I'm not too worried about it, because my vacation is coming up soon!  Me & Whitney are going to go to Memphis, TN, for a CBF conference and then to Nashville to hang out with some extended family.  We'll also get to see my sis and brother-in-law in Little Rock.  A long road trip, friends & family, relaxation, what else can you ask for?

It's half-time right now in Game 2 of the NBA Finals.  It's the classic match-up between the Celtics and the Lakers.  It's been over 21 years since they last met and Game 1 was really entertaining.  I'm hoping this second one turns out the same.  If you know me at all, I hate the Lakers, so I hope the Celtics win.  Regardless, it's a great match-up... one of the best offensive teams versus one of the best defensive teams.

You probably don't care about that... so I'll tell you about American Gangster.  Me & Whitney went up to Paradise, TX, to visit Claire and David.  It's always a blast to see them and  going way out in the country forces you to not do anything, which is always great for you.  We ate at some great hole-in-the wall places and we got to lounge around on Saturday and watch the movie.  It was a real interesting movie, especially for a "gangster" film.  Don't go into expecting a lot of action, it's more just a narrative story-line, but an interesting one.  I feel like it could've been a lot shorter than it was, but if you are interested in a dark true story about one of the most mellow drug lords in the 70's, you should check it out.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hey, I just found your blog and linked it on our blog. We're looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend.