Tuesday, June 3, 2008

MOHs, space kids & bloody mayhem

I just wanted to catch you up on some of the films that I've seen in the past couple of days.

Whitney & I had a great time catching up with our friends Ben & Becca.  After a fun meal at the Cheesecake Factory (get something other than a hamburger, it was good but I've had so much better stuff there) we went and saw Made of Honor.  I thought it was ok (2.5 out of 5).  I think Ben felt the same way as I did, but Becca & Whitney had a lot of fun with it and was able to embrace some of its cheesy moments.  It was actually a bit crowded in the theater, so I had to sit down right by this random guy.  He moved one seat down and the girls thought it was because I smelled.  I thought it was because he freaked out when I accidently put my hand on his knee instead of Whitney's (just kidding). 

Many of you know that I write for The Mungleshow, and one of the writers is Leslie, so I thought you would be interested in what she had to say about Made of Honor.

After a fun and relaxing dinner with Jennifer, we popped in Martian Child with John Cusack Sunday night.  This too was just an ok movie for me.  It wasn't bad at all but it just wasn't that interesting to me.  I didn't think the kid was the greatest of actors and John Cusack had to carry pretty much the whole movie.  It's meant for the family and for kids, but I can see kids just getting absolutely bored by this one.

I decided to erase any kind of innocence I may have received from Martian Child by watching the fourth installment of Rambo with Jonathan Monday night.  Now, I've never seen the other three, so I don't know how to compare this one to the others, but it was perhaps the bloodiest movie I've seen in a long time.  Did it keep me from channeling my masculine inner-self?  Of course not!  It was very over-the-top and really campy at points, but it was quite entertaining.  I can't see many girls enjoying this one, unless you just enjoy seeing a 60-year old man on HGH hand-making machetes and taking out a 100-man army single handily.  But we had a lot of fun with it.

Be on the look out for my review of the new Adam Sandler comedy "Don't Mess with the Zohan" on Friday.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: