Thursday, August 20, 2009

Films Whitney Can’t Believe I’ve Never Seen- 8/20/09

There is a list of movies that my wife, Whitney, gasps at due to the fact that I’ve never seen before, especially being such a “movie guy.” Yes, they are often chick flicks, but they are ones that I somehow missed that the world did not. I’ll occasionally write a brief synopsis of these films that I finally took time to watch.

The Cutting Edge (1992)
A very campy movie that was way more fun than I would have ever expected. It’s one of those rare occasions where early 90’s cheesiness still translates to an enjoyable experience.
3.5 out of 5 Dorseys.

The Notebook (2004)
Although I was surprised by the lack of depth and mystery to the story, it’s one that is truly moving (yes some tears formed) and totally justifiable of being on EW’s 50 Sexiest Movies list. A guy will score major points for watching this one with their significant othe.
3.5 out of 5 dances with no music.

Some Kind Of Wonderful (1987)
In honor of John Hughes’ death, we watched this film. With a plot that is as thin as a sheet of paper, the 80’s nostalgic feel can’t save the film from Eric Stoltz’s constant whispering, Lea Thompson’s overacting, and lack of humor that usually carries Hughes’ films. Mary Stuart Masterson’s tomboy character is about the only thing that makes it worth watching.
2 out of 5 drum solos.

No comments: