Friday, March 20, 2009

Survivor: Tocantins - Week 2 & 3

Well, I'm back! In addition, we have a couple of more people added to the list! My ultimate goal is to get my updates syndicated somewhere, so spread the word... I'm kidding of course :) Unless you really know somebody that is.... Kidding aside, always let me know if you want me to pass this along to anybody else, I would love to add them to the list.

Now to the actual events at hand. We watched these two episodes the night after we got back from my honeymoon, so if I can't quite recall everything that happened from being so tired, my apologies. Overall, I already like this season better than last years. The cast is very likable, save a few, and so far everybody that has been voted out has not been too big of a surprise or somebody you might really miss. Maybe except for Jerry who had a great personality, but you could tell that his heart wasn't into the whole thing. Not saying that he wasn't sick, it's just that he didn't do any strategizing to save himself and if he had done just a little, they would have sure kept him. All that to say, it seems as if the show is setting everything up to have strong players at the end, unlike last season where you had not very good players at the end or so-so players who thought they were the best ever (cough cough... Kenny... cough cough).

The really physical challenges are always pretty entertaining to watch. I'm surprised more people don't come out of those really hurt. The water basketball was great T.V. all around. It starts to rain, people are beating up each other, there were unlikely heros and a comeback, what more can you ask for? From the other challenges that followed, I hope this doesn't become a trend like last year where one tribe continues to win, thus forcing a tribal shakeup. There was a lot of backlash from doing that last year, so maybe they will stay clear of it this time around.

I felt bad for Candace. She was really a huge asset for her tribe in that challenge and that totally got overlooked because of Coach? I could really rail on this guy, but I bet his exit is fast approaching, so I'll save it to then. One thing I do think is that he comes off worse in his interviews because his tribe really do seem to like him, but I bet he'll get old to them quick. Which by the way, the last tribal council was hilarious because you could tell how much he was bothered by the fact that they wanted Brendan as a leader and not him. I was a little confused though because Coach and Tyson seemed surprised when Jerry was voted out, but maybe it was for show so Jerry didn't leave mad at them. It was a good move by their tribe though. At this point, they really have to win challenges and if they voted Erinn out, they would probably be sealing their fate. Besides Sandy, JalapeƱo (I know that isn't the actual name, but c'mon, when it is so close you can't help but think of the Mexican treat) is a very strong tribe, so it's hard picturing them losing many more challenges.

I think it's kind of funny that there are two idols on those beaches that haven't been found yet. That hole that Brendan and Sierra dug was huge! Were they planning on killing Coach and burying him there? I think I would have stopped at the 4 foot mark. Thank goodness Sierra came up with a story when Debra discovered the hole because poor Brendan just looked like a deer in headlights. Speaking of Brendan, I think he constantly has a sad puppy dog look on his face. So far everything is falling into place for him and the friendship between him and Taj seems to be working out well. I honestly don't know how you couldn't think of doing a secret alliance like that, so it'll be cool to see how it plays out without the other survivors becoming suspicious.

Taj is quite a character. She seems ultra cool, smart and athletic. I wonder if it'll make her too big of a target. For me personally, I can't root against her because of two things. One, she's bringing my two picks, Stephen and Sierra into her alliance. Two, her husband is Eddie George. He didn't play long or that great for the Cowboys, but he was a Cowboy, so that makes her okay in my book. I would've reacted to that revelation just like J.T. and Joe, and I think it's hilarious that Stephen had no clue.

I still think this could be anyone's game and at this moment it's hard to pinpoint a strong winner, without having to decipher it through the editing of the show. I'll be a little bit more descriptive about the next episode and the events that will happen, so I hope this two-episode recap has been all right. I haven't seen the new one yet, but I'll be caught up soon enough. And I can't ask too many questions to you because you are probably caught up as well, so I'll save those.

Thanks for reading and practice on your dramatic Erinn sneers as taught by Coach!

No comments: