Thursday, May 29, 2008

A rat on a leash?

So, I'm driving back to work after eating lunch and I almost swerved completely off the road.  As I curved around the windy road I approached what seemed  to be a lonely jogger.  All of a sudden I had a rush of concern for her as I saw that a rat was chasing her!  At further notice, I realized that this rat indeed was a small chihuahua with a thin leash wrapped around its pencil-thin neck.  I know these dogs are known for being small, but this one must have been a puppy, as small as it was.  I think the worst thing was that this jogger was going at a pretty strong pace and I was pretty sure that she would end up dragging the dog behind her and not know it as it slowly died from exhaustion.  I'm not sure why I was so horrified by this sight.  I guess it was because of all the awful scenarios of what could happen to this little dog that popped into my brain.  A strong gust of wind takes it into the gutter... she accidently squishes it with her shoe, thinking it was just a bug...  Feel free to add your own!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go figure, they're into breeding miniature chihuahuas these days.