Monday, October 20, 2008

Survivor: Week 4

The thing that I hate most about Survivor is the episode we now get at least once in a season, the obligatory, "I miss home and I want to leave the game. It's tougher than I thought it was." It just puts a downer on the episode. You knew this was going to happen sooner than later with G.C., I'm just glad that their tribe had the right mind to vote him out. They were giving him a lot of air time, which usually signals a quick departure (Anthony from Fiji Islands comes to mind). This kind of makes me worry about Ace a bit. He was about as productive as Kelly on those challenges. I'm sorry Jan about your quick departure. Usually everybody usually seems to have at least one going into the merge. You can blame Kelly for picking the names, ha ha.

I thought the challenges were really good this episode. You have to give credit to the producers for really utilizing the hills of the Gabon terrain. I really liked the immunity challenge. I don't like Randy, but he is really stepping up on these challenges. His call out to Ace to freeze was pretty classic and smart. We'll see what he does in the immunity challenges. The reward challenge was a really good one, although I was a little surprised that Kota pulled out with Charlie striking out more than Babe Ruth (did you enjoy my sports knowledge being thrown in there?)

Dan really should record himself and hear himself speak. His little ra ra speech wasn't really fooling anybody and Susie better speak up before a leopard mistakes her for a dead carcass. Also, I decided to never get on Crystal's bad side and that I don't care how cool that elephant looked, I wouldn't have paddled close to it. Did you see that elephant's evil eye? (What great alliteration!)

Beside the little drama of finding Sugar's hidden immunity idol (does anybody else think that she looks like the girl from Can't Hardly Wait and Six Feet Under?), it was a so so episode, but this season is getting all the uninteresting people out early, so hopefully it'll get really good when the merge happens.

That's all for me, and be careful for those pineapples and shields in this world, they really can hurt your head!

No comments: