Saturday, August 23, 2008

How I Met Your Mother

I just finished the second season of How I Met Your Mother, and like any good show should make you, I can't wait to catch up with the third.  I understand that it's not the best T.V. show ever made, nor would I ever boast that it is, but I think the genius behind is that it doesn't try to accomplish this feat.  It embraces the T.V. sitcom with open arms, but transcends the genre with an indie type style of editing and writing, while not trying to overdue it.

A lot of it is due to the fact that these characters are around my age and dealing with situations that I can relate to.  It also doesn't hurt that some of the characters very much remind me of some of my friends.  I love the fact that it can be completely goofy (the Robin Sparkles music video, slap bets) but really touching as well.  Don't laugh too hard at me, but at moments it really can make it dusty in the room, and not many other sitcoms can do that (only Friends comes to mind).

Do you watch the show?  Why or why not?  Do you relate to it like I do?

No comments: